Wednesday, December 08, 2004

pigeons

I have some pigeon karma of some sort.
I keep seeing pigeons that are sharply close to dying in horrible situations. I have seen two at different points with significant piececs of their bodies missing, mangled feathers shaking and stirring as if to say please kill me now in the BART station. This one yesterday was missing half its head. The one a couple weeks ago was missing half its back.
Are people doing this to them or is this what it is like to be a bird in the bird world.
I always notice that so many pigeons have clubs for claws or are missing their toes. I guess they can't slow down or stop or else they will die, even with broken toes and dismembered claws.
I don't know why I am so disturbed by it. why it effects me so greatly.

not that i feel necessarily close to pigeons or have bonded with one in any real way, except the one missing half its back where we looked into each others eyes for about a minute, but they are in my space. I have seen pigeon wings in gardens, just hte wings.
sometimes i fantasize about there being a pigeon sanctuary where all the pigeons can live with food so they dont have to fend for themselves or get kicked about and chased by kids down the sidewalk..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home